What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick photo app Q...

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using the standard iPad Photo app you can't create new folders/albums. The only way that this can be done is to create them in iTunes and then sync with the iPad. Then the folders that you created on your PC/Mac will show up in the iPad's Photos app.

Of course, there are any number of third-party apps that will allow you to create local folders and process pictures...

look at FilterStorm Pro, if you're a professional photographer or want to process your photos on the iPad.

Tim

OP
sjleworthy

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Ta spa :)

If I create a new folder for my photos in iTunes and sync it over, I presume I can move photos to it from within the photo app. Ie, I can manage or move photos between photo albums in-app without the need to iTunes sync?

Thanks

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

If I create a new folder for my photos in iTunes and sync it over, I presume I can move photos to it from within the photo app. Ie, I can manage or move photos between photo albums in-app without the need to iTunes sync?

Thanks

I knew - just knew - that you were going to ask me that - and I have to be honest to say that I don't know....I never use iTunes - can't stand it - so I store my photos elsewhere.....when he wakes up twerppoet is the world's expert on all things to do with iTunes and I'm sure he'll step in.

Tim

OP
sjleworthy

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Thanks again Tim (btw I'm still in bed relaxing so I haven't had time to iTunes sync yet. Yup, I know it's gone 1 pm but it's bank holiday, so shoot me. Heck, now your even starting to sound like my mother!!) :p

Wolf - thanks, but that doesn't answer my question

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Thanks

No, the only way to add/remove/or change photos in the iTunes created albums is to edit the original folders on the computer and sync again.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You are welcome. I keep hoping Apple will add some more functionality to their included apps. Maybe in iOS 5 (crosses fingers).

That or extend the API to give third party apps more control over the photo and other media libraries. Of course that could cause no end of mischief, sync issues, and conflict between apps if it weren't done carefully.

OP
sjleworthy

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
i dont generally use the photo app, but because the ipad2 now has a camera i'm using the snap button more and more, but unless i sync to a pc all phots appear in the same cameraroll album and i cant rearrange them or move them. frustrating.

Most reactions