What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

quick new maps app Q's....

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Hi chaps, just come home from a week's vacation in the Scottish Highlands (what a beautiful land it is too), so forgive me if these questions have already been posted and answered.....

1) in the new iOS6 maps app, where can i find the new 3d buildings?

2) i have found a few in Manhattan, like in the Apple public demo on stage the other night, but heck, why are mine all looking really crappy and sketchy? the demo looked awesome and crisp.

3) anyone noticed poor location issues? example - i looked at my house in normal plan view, and there's new restaurants and eateries dotted about near me that dont exist. they're there because the spelling of their location is very similar to the spelling of my town. this is new and really really poor going.

4) the speech direction. lol. very funny. i haven't got it to go past 2 streets yet.

i like this new app, but it's very very beta. not like Apple to be so proud over and release such an under developed app that is, again, also used by peeps that are not necessarily part of the 'i live in America' only club ;)

Last edited:

Calkid44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
No takers?

Ps, livestreetview app is pretty awesome you know ;)

Yes it is but Google maps is free and does the same thing

klickagent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
->1) if you have had installed the beta of ios 6 you might need reinstall ios6 in order to use the flyover mode in maps app. I've encountered the same problem yesterday.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No takers?

Ps, livestreetview app is pretty awesome you know ;)

It is still very much a work in progress, you will find that many locations you look up will be in black and white as well. I am in the America crowd so I cannot speak to how turn by turn navigation is working for you. Here in the states and more specifically Colorado I find it is working quite well. We can only hope that more updates bring better results for everyone across the pond.

Most reactions

Latest posts