What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick intro

Mike King DN22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi UK iPad dwellers! Mike here...just joined the iPad fan club...I mean owner...and am sooooo impressed so far!
I have run my own businesses using MS Office for many years, but have been a swift conversion to things Apple

The most urgent thing for me is to "apple-ise" all my MS documents...mainly Word, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, PDF's etc.

I have so far mainly seen "negative" comments on Apps purporting to do what I am after so....please hit me with your advice as to what will hopefully and straightforwardly successfully convert the mainly MS Office 2007 created files.

When this is done..I look forward to replacing Laptops with Apple kit!!!

Many thanks in anticipation.

Mike
Nottinghamshire
United Kingdom

esseximaging

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there
I use all the apple apps from the store . Pages ,numbers, keynote. They will open most files from ms office but they generally need to be word and not publisher. For pages but Numbers will open stuff ok

Ian

ziffos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is definately not easy to move over but can be made less painful by using Dropbox on your PC and iPad, plus CloudOn on your iPad.

You then put your Microsoft docs into Dropbox which then automatically syncs with ClouOn, then you can view, edit, within CloudOn on your iPad.

Then rather than create new docs etc in "Word" you should create them in "Pages" and eventually you will slowly move over to IOS (one cheat can be to copy your "Word" docs and paste them onto "Pages" docs)(however this is not as easy with "Excel" spreadsheets etc but can still be done with "Numbers" with a little bit of messing about!).

Works for me!!:thumbs:

Most reactions

Latest posts