What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick (Hopefully) Question about Safari on iPad.

Ben Richards

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I have what is hopefully a quick question about safari on an iPad.
In the attached image, in the bottom left corner, there are two buttons, an arrow pointing left, and an arrow pointing right. They move between enter-able fields on a webpage.
I am looking for info on these two buttons, specifically if they can be turned off. This has been made hard by the fact that I haven't got a clue what these buttons are actually called, making it hard to search for anything about them.
If anyone can tell me what their called, so I can actually search for info about them, I would be eternally grateful.
If anyone can tell me if and how they can be turned off, I would love them forever.

field switch.png

Thanks so much.
Ben

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I have what is hopefully a quick question about safari on an iPad.
In the attached image, in the bottom left corner, there are two buttons, an arrow pointing left, and an arrow pointing right. They move between enter-able fields on a webpage.
I am looking for info on these two buttons, specifically if they can be turned off. This has been made hard by the fact that I haven't got a clue what these buttons are actually called, making it hard to search for anything about them.
If anyone can tell me what their called, so I can actually search for info about them, I would be eternally grateful.
If anyone can tell me if and how they can be turned off, I would love them forever.

View attachment 62325

Thanks so much.
Ben
Hi, Ben! Welcome to iPadForums!

These arrows are part of your keyboard. You'll see them coloured when you're on a login website. They help you moving from field to field.
image.jpg

When you just type, as I do now, they're greyed out.
image.jpg

As far as I know there's no way to hide them.

Last edited:
OP
B

Ben Richards

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pretty much figured that would be the case.
Thanks for replying, and the welcome.

Most reactions

Latest posts