What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queuing at the Apple Store

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some of us americans have been exposed to folks from other parts of the world, believe it or not. I learned this use of the word "queue" many years ago, though I would not use it to refer to people waiting in a line.(I am american, after all)...but I say stuff like "queue up" or "queless". :)

Lol.

Yes, many Americans probably know the term and its use, but we don't usually use it as a verb, because we tend to say "line up." Mostly, I hear it used as a noun in America, like when someone says something is in a queue (sometimes as an online term, too).

You also tend to hear it used more often as a verb among East Coasters, or others who are well traveled or well read, exposed to culture beyond that of the U.S. (many of us, fortunately, lol).

Speaking of Britishisms, this might be of interest:

America?s Slippery Slope Into Britishisms - NYTimes.com

Chessara

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm from the Netherlands and always thought that the word queue was used everywhere! Well, you learn every day I guess ;)

OP
I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
I'm from Canada and I've queued for movies when I was younger. I hope you get the number of iPads you are hoping for.

Thank you! I'm going to be queuing up with my "nappies" "dummies" "biscuits" and my "pram". :) now I'm being fastidious! :) I wonder if any Americans know of these nouns? :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you! I'm going to be queuing up with my "nappies" "dummies" "biscuits" and my "pram". :) now I'm being fastidious! :) I wonder if any Americans know of these nouns? :)

Diapers, pacifier, cookies and baby buggy.

OP
I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A few hours to go!!! Yipeeee!! I can't contain my excitement. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts