Questions re: hookup of high def monitor via HDMI

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by cognus, Aug 13, 2013.

1. cognus

cognus iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hello friends. I came here on a tip; the tipper told me how sophisticated, smart, and good-looking you all are :D

I'm needing to do some learning about "docking" the Mini [we have 2... one white, one black, just to show our diversity]
    Searching around the web I'm really surprised at how little knowledge there seems to be about this topic.
    I should like to be able to do with the Mini what I do with my Notebook PC: throw it down, plug in a charger if necessary, plug in HDMI cable to my 26" 1920x1080 monitor, and grab my bluetooth keyboard for serious work.

which adapters/cables actually work well for the monitor? how does the Mini negotiate the displays? what is my intervention in that? is the hdcp syncing tolerant of a pretty wide range of monitors?

and quite importantly, what is the REAL max resolution that the Mini is capable of ? another surprising thing is that I don't see a straight lucid answer to that: apple's spec info implies it can handle 1920 x 1080 but the anecdotes from users denies it. the more credible reports say it defaults to 1600x900 max. if anyone knows the real skinny pls advise