What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions re: hookup of high def monitor via HDMI

cognus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello friends. I came here on a tip; the tipper told me how sophisticated, smart, and good-looking you all are :D

I'm needing to do some learning about "docking" the Mini [we have 2... one white, one black, just to show our diversity]
Searching around the web I'm really surprised at how little knowledge there seems to be about this topic.
I should like to be able to do with the Mini what I do with my Notebook PC: throw it down, plug in a charger if necessary, plug in HDMI cable to my 26" 1920x1080 monitor, and grab my bluetooth keyboard for serious work.

which adapters/cables actually work well for the monitor? how does the Mini negotiate the displays? what is my intervention in that? is the hdcp syncing tolerant of a pretty wide range of monitors?

and quite importantly, what is the REAL max resolution that the Mini is capable of ? another surprising thing is that I don't see a straight lucid answer to that: apple's spec info implies it can handle 1920 x 1080 but the anecdotes from users denies it. the more credible reports say it defaults to 1600x900 max. if anyone knows the real skinny pls advise

Most reactions

Latest posts