Questions from a soon to be ipad owner

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by artemisblossom, Nov 23, 2010.

1. artemisblossom

artemisblossom iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am getting an ipad for Christmas and I have a couple of questions. Will it come with the new update already on it? If it doesn't and I plug it into the computer will it do an update first or will it try to sync itunes? I have already put a lot of epub books, music and music videos in itunes in preparation for the ipad and I am worried that the update will wipe everything out of itunes. I do have everything stored on my computer but I added a lot of metadata and cover art to the 800 books in itunes that i don't want to lose.
  2. SouthernAppleGuy

SouthernAppleGuy iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Don't accept it, wait to see if the bugs are fixed with the next release. I have learned to hate mine after just a month
  3. artemisblossom

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Why do you hate it?
  4. hookbill

hookbill iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Accept the update. It will allow multitasking and several other new features.
    This is one of the best updates I've seen on several devices I have owned, a few people have some issues with them, some don't fully understand the upgrade others have some legitimate issues but the vast majority thinks this is a real good upgrade. Don't be discouraged by threads that say the update is bad. Read the threads and you will see that the responses to these threads are all on the positive side.

Any upgrade on any device is going to have some people dissatisfied. This is one you should not pass up on.
  5. Hasty

Hasty iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Should also add the Apple has the next iOS update pencilled in for mid/late December.
  6. artemisblossom

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for the information does anyone know what would be in the new update in Dec?