What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

questions about the keyboard

rgsccr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have had my IPad for a week and am generally happy with it. The more I use it, the more I learn about it's capabilities. One thing I haven't gotten used to ( or missed) is how to navigate when typing a text message like this one. That is, if I am typing along and notice a mistake back a number of words or sentences, I don't see any way of going to that place other than trying put your finger at the spot. This is do-able but awkward. Aren't there any up, down, or sideways navigation arrows like one finds on a normal keyboard? Or is there another way to easily do this? Thanks. Rich

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No - no cursor keys - however, if you touch and hold your finger on the screen for a second, a pop-up magnifying glass will appear allowing you much more precise navigation - plus additional 'tools' for selecting text ('Select' -> selects just the word the cursor is in, 'Select All', 'Copy', 'Paste' and - when the text is selected, you'll see two vertical bars at either end of the selected text which can, with care, be dragged horizontally and vertically to select additional words. Takes a little practice but it's better than nothing!!

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts