What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions About App Updates

crappa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated the Nook app. Unfortunately before I knew it was no good, I did an iTunes sync. The problem is once I close Nook off the multitask bar, when I reopen, all my books are gone. I've reloaded the app, it still fails. Anyway, here are my questions:

1. If I delete the app from the iPad, will I still be notified of an update when one becomes available? Or do I have to leave the app installed to be notified?

2. Is it possible to get the old version of an app reinstalled into iTunes from Time Machine? And if so, how?

Thanks in advance for you help.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have you tried restarting or reseting the iPad since updating the app? This sometimes helps.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
C

crappa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I have. I also reloaded it from iTunes and redownloaded it from the app store. It always does the same thing. Fortunately I was able to download my unread books into Bluefire reader. Funny thing about that was a few books needed a password to open, which wasn't my nook password. Those books I have already read, so no big deal for me.

Right now I'm just going to wait for an update, but I have deleted it and was wondering if I need to download the app again to get update alerts.

Thanks for the reply.

Most reactions

Latest posts