What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question

arcangel6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What happens when you drop your new iPad Mini onto a ceramic tile floor?

Answer:

iPadGlassFx1.jpg

No, it was not in a case. In fact, I had just received my Poetic Slimline case and was heading into my apartment to open the bag containing the case when I dropped it. It landed hard on its corner, not sure the case would have helped. Luckily, I purchased it with my American Express card so I was able to file a claim. Waiting to hear if/how much they will cover. On the bright side, the iPad is still functioning! Already ordered a new one (two week wait). By the way, the case is an AMAZING value for just $10.95 USD! Still can't believe that is all it cost. I got mine from eBay (no , I have no monetary interest in the sale of this case).

Poetic TM Slimline Portfolio Leather Case for Apple iPad Mini Tablet Black | eBay

My sincere apologies if this post gives anyone nightmares.

Regards,

Joe

Attachments

• iPadGlassFx2b.jpg
    iPadGlassFx2b.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 335

Wingennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am so sorry for your loss. Bad enough to damage a work of art-now you have to wait two weeks for a replacement!

OP
arcangel6

arcangel6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update, I heard from American Express and they're covering the full amount of the iPad mini. I was very happy to get this news!

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Great news - still have to wait, but it still works so not too bad. Are they having you send the broken one in somewhere when you get the replacement?

lisa22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know they did that! What are the terms? I might have to get one of those. Do other major credit cards do that?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know they did that! What are the terms? I might have to get one of those. Do other major credit cards do that?

Some do and some don't. Check your credit provider for purchase protection.

marcandsebe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What happens when you drop your new iPad Mini onto a ceramic tile floor?

Answer:

View attachment 30937

No, it was not in a case. In fact, I had just received my Poetic Slimline case and was heading into my apartment to open the bag containing the case when I dropped it. It landed hard on its corner, not sure the case would have helped. Luckily, I purchased it with my American Express card so I was able to file a claim. Waiting to hear if/how much they will cover. On the bright side, the iPad is still functioning! Already ordered a new one (two week wait). By the way, the case is an AMAZING value for just $10.95 USD! Still can't believe that is all it cost. I got mine from eBay (no , I have no monetary interest in the sale of this case).

Poetic TM Slimline Portfolio Leather Case for Apple iPad Mini Tablet Black | eBay

My sincere apologies if this post gives anyone nightmares.

Regards,

Joe

It does not give me nightmares. I have had 3 iPhones, I iPod and an iPad 2, I have never dropped one. It just shows you were not holding it very tightly.

cpc12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing out that he was not holding his iPad tight enough.

I guess you were there at the time of the incident and had your trusty hand strength meter with you to determine how hard he was holding it.

This forum is a better place because of you.

Thanks for that clarification. It was much needed.

Maybe you can tell me if I'm holding my ... Beep .... Hard enough ?

Most reactions

Latest posts