What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question

Conin123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can i delete multipile emails from iPad and iPhone? Its very time consuming to mark each one and the to delete. Is there no 'mark all' or 'delete all' short cut?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
HI Conin...I just learned this from one of our other Staff Super Moderators, Leelai, as well...

Go to the email app. In landscape-choose the inbox. In the left column above, there should be an "edit" button where you can select all mail to delete. Press all delete.

Also:

Welcome to the iPadForum! This forum is loaded with invaluable information which contain topics including: General Discussion of the iPad, iPad Operating System, iPad App Store, Accessories, and Ipad for Business and Education.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country. See here:Regional iPad Groups

If you have not already done so, please take a moment to download the iPad Manual User Guide iOS 5. This is extremely helpful if you are new to the iPad world.
http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/ipad_user_guide.pdf

Also, iBooks has the iOS 5 user manual here, which is nice to have in your library, iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.

How to post a new thread: http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...-creating-posts-starting-new-threads-how.html

Finally, please take the time to read the Forum Rules:
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Best Wishes and Enjoy!

OP
Conin123

Conin123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey there skinmonkey,
Im impressed, a very quick reply. Where we from, takes hours to get any action!

Anyway, tnx for the answer, I will certainley have a look and do it.

Stay safe and sound.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, Conin!

We try to do our best here! You will really enjoy the help and friendliness from all here!

Best wishes!

OP
Conin123

Conin123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx for the info. Perhaps you can help, cant seem to find any help. I cant seem to pair my iphone and ipad with bluetooth. Its both set on discoverable, but no joy?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Conin123

Conin123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I delete multiple e mails from Ipad2? It takes forever to do it one by one. Is there a shortcut for this?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Conin123 said:
Thx for the info. Perhaps you can help, cant seem to find any help. I cant seem to pair my iphone and ipad with bluetooth. Its both set on discoverable, but no joy?

Conin123 said:
How do I delete multiple e mails from Ipad2? It takes forever to do it one by one. Is there a shortcut for this?

I don't think you are able to pair an iPhone with the iPad with Bluetooth unless Jailbroken, I'm fairly certain on this but someone may chime in here on this

The easiest way to delete groups of emails is in landscape mode, on the left hand column at the top you will see Edit press this and the column will shift to the right, go down the column pressing on the emails to delete, once you have them all selected, press delete which is at the bottom. It's simple and this is the fastest way. Enjoy!

OP
Conin123

Conin123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
I don't think you are able to pair an iPhone with the iPad with Bluetooth unless Jailbroken, I'm fairly certain on this but someone may chime in here on this

The easiest way to delete groups of emails is in landscape mode, on the left hand column at the top you will see Edit press this and the column will shift to the right, go down the column pressing on the emails to delete, once you have them all selected, press delete which is at the bottom. It's simple and this is the fastest way. Enjoy!

Hi there, me again!

Im not able to open pdf docs. Even using the 'open in' facility. I have the Adobe reader app. If i try and put it in dropbox, or open it from e-mail or whatever, it just wont open. It does not give me an error message, it just doesnt do anything. I restarted iPad etc, but no luck.

What am I doing wrong??

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Conin123 said:
Hi there, me again!

Im not able to open pdf docs. Even using the 'open in' facility. I have the Adobe reader app. If i try and put it in dropbox, or open it from e-mail or whatever, it just wont open. It does not give me an error message, it just doesnt do anything. I restarted iPad etc, but no luck.

What am I doing wrong??

Are you receiving these PDF's through an email? And you are pressing on the PDF and getting the Open in Options and you've tried selecting dropbox and adobe Reader and they are not loading? Just making sure that I've got this right here.

Both of these apps should be able to open a PDF so now for some questions. How fast is your Internet speed, how big are the PDF's and how long are you waiting for them to open? Sometimes when you open an email the PDF has not actually downloaded straight away and you need to press it first to get it to download and then press again for the Open in Option. The PDF itself may be large and there are limits on the size for some apps. it should tell you the size on the PDF itself. I myself use Goodreader and it can handle large PDF's. Have a look and let me know.

OP
Conin123

Conin123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
Are you receiving these PDF's through an email? And you are pressing on the PDF and getting the Open in Options and you've tried selecting dropbox and adobe Reader and they are not loading? Just making sure that I've got this right here.

Both of these apps should be able to open a PDF so now for some questions. How fast is your Internet speed, how big are the PDF's and how long are you waiting for them to open? Sometimes when you open an email the PDF has not actually downloaded straight away and you need to press it first to get it to download and then press again for the Open in Option. The PDF itself may be large and there are limits on the size for some apps. it should tell you the size on the PDF itself. I myself use Goodreader and it can handle large PDF's. Have a look and let me know.

All your questions above is affirmative.

Tnx, speed is fast,even small pdf's wont open. 'Open in' works well iN other applications, but the pdf is dead..... I'll try good reader and let u know.

Most reactions

Latest posts