What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question-question game

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just earlier today. My husband makes me laugh all the time. He is so goofy funny, lovable. I can't imagine being with anyone who didn't make me laugh, especially for decades!

What would you consider the no. 1 quality in a friend?

I can't decide between honesty and the ability to laugh at my bad jokes.

What is your favourite star in the sky?

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My sense of smell!

If you were to do it all over again, what profession would you want to be in?

Skimonkey ~~ sent from my iPad using iPF

I think my 104 yr old aunt might disagree ! She still lived in her own house on 41st ( towards SWMarine DR ) in an extraordinary, old Tudor manor. In her 98th yr of age she lost her sense of smell. That day she decided to clean her stove but got distracted and went somewhere out of the house. When she came home she thought to herself, " oh, how wonderful, I already had my dinner ready to go before I left earlier. She planned on having a hamburger patty, among other things for dinner. She heated up the frying pan, put the patty in to cook, turned it over,and when she got her plate to the table and tried to cut into the patty, she thought " OH! This SO tough!" And the end of the story is that she put an IOS Pad, unused, in her frying pan and until she started feeling stainless steel bits in her mouth did not have a clue she was cooking an IPS PAD! However Skimonkey AND KNOWING THAT story first hand,would probably choose smell as well....even though mie is extra keen!
As far as the questions go! My favourite hat is my Australian cowboy hat. It has a special name and I am hoping one of the Ozzy's will tell me what it's called!
OKAY, here is my Question to you. If you could go back through your whole life ( from birth on ) would you change anything at all up tp now and why?

Hey I seem to have answered the wrong question? Was the last question before mine about fruit or about sense's?

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think my 104 yr old aunt might disagree ! She still lived in her own house on 41st ( towards SWMarine DR ) in an extraordinary, old Tudor manor. In her 98th yr of age she lost her sense of smell. That day she decided to clean her stove but got distracted and went somewhere out of the house. When she came home she thought to herself, " oh, how wonderful, I already had my dinner ready to go before I left earlier. She planned on having a hamburger patty, among other things for dinner. She heated up the frying pan, put the patty in to cook, turned it over,and when she got her plate to the table and tried to cut into the patty, she thought " OH! This SO tough!" And the end of the story is that she put an IOS Pad, unused, in her frying pan and until she started feeling stainless steel bits in her mouth did not have a clue she was cooking an IPS PAD! However Skimonkey AND KNOWING THAT story first hand,would probably choose smell as well....even though mie is extra keen!
As far as the questions go! My favourite hat is my Australian cowboy hat. It has a special name and I am hoping one of the Ozzy's will tell me what it's called!
OKAY, here is my Question to you. If you could go back through your whole life ( from birth on ) would you change anything at all up tp now and why?

Even without smell, couldn't you see that you were cooking an SOS pad? And even if not, wouldn't not being able to cut it normally be a giveaway? Why would you reach the point of steel wool bits in your mouth? Weird. Maybe she was just too old to live on her own by then.

If I could change anything through life, I would rewind and buy stocks like Microsoft, Apple and Starbucks when they were way cheaper, for obvious reasons.

My question: What would you do with a $1 million windfall?

Last edited:

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hey, tell me how your brain works when you are 104 years old! :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, tell me how your brain works when you are 104 years old! :)

If I'm still alive, I'll let you know. But the point was that lack of smell wasn't her only problem if she managed to almost eat an SOS pad. If we're lucky, we'll all live to be old and independent. But I hope that I won't be so old and alone if I can't tell that I'm about to scarf down a Brillo pad.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If I'm still alive, I'll let you know. But the point was that lack of smell wasn't her only problem if she managed to almost eat an SOS pad. If we're lucky, we'll all live to be old and independent. But I hope that I won't be so old and alone if I can't tell that I'm about to scarf down a Brillo pad.

I'm sorry if I mislead you. She didn't eat it! As soon as she put in on her plate and stuck the fork in it she knew it was an SOS pad! :) sorry if I wasn't clear!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry if I mislead you. She didn't eat it! As soon as she put in on her plate and stuck the fork in it she knew it was an SOS pad! :) sorry if I wasn't clear!

That's weird, because you wrote this:

" ... and until she started feeling stainless steel bits in her mouth did not have a clue she was cooking an IPS PAD!"

Oh well, memory goes first, they say.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That's weird, because you wrote this:

" ... and until she started feeling stainless steel bits in her mouth did not have a clue she was cooking an IPS PAD!"

Oh well, memory goes first, they say.

Yes, I realise now, looking back thirty years , I messed up the details. My point was if she had her sense of smell she would have known sooner. AGAIN,I am very, very, very,SORRY to have misled you! Sincerely, Squib.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Getting back to thread:

Skimonkey's question was (before interruption): What's you're favorite fruit?

I'll answer: Mine are cherries.

So my question: What would you do with a $1 million windfall?

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
http://www.akubra.com.au/

That's got to be the good ol' Oz Akubra!
Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, that IS the name! I have had it so long I forgot! Thanks!
Guess I had better answer and giVe a question to avoid going off topic!
If I had a million $ I would give it away.
My question is what is ( was ) your favourite year of your life so far?

Last edited:

Most reactions