What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on creating threads....

Bluejak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack this thread!

Please will someone explain how to start a new thread. In fact the only thing I have found that I am able to do is to add a new reply with a quote to an existing thread. Presumably there are ways of answering an existing thread without a quote (I had to delete the quote here) and obviously there must be ways to start a new thread. Please will somebody tell me how. Thank you.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack this thread! Please will someone explain how to start a new thread. In fact the only thing I have found that I am able to do is to add a new reply with a quote to an existing thread. Presumably there are ways of answering an existing thread without a quote (I had to delete the quote here) and obviously there must be ways to start a new thread. Please will somebody tell me how. Thank you.
This is how it works with the app: Choose one of the forums, don't open a thread. At the top, right, you'll see an arrow. Tap it to get these options: image-842998466.jpg Choose "New Thread". His will appear next: image-1906981758.jpg Enter the title of the thread and your text.

If you don't use the app, but access this forum through a browser, it's different:
Also choose a forum, and this is what you will see then: image-2200945282.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Bluejak

Bluejak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I choose a forum and do not open a thread. Then I tap the arrow in the top right hand corner as you instructed. A small drop down list appears as you say. However the second item "New thread" is missing. So what am I doing wrong?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you see when you tap the arrow? Is it possible to post a screenshot? (Press Home and Power button simultaneously, just for a short time. You'll hear a shutter sound when the picture is taken.)

Btw: if you choose the iPad News forum, you don't have the option to start a new thread.

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I choose a forum and do not open a thread. Then I tap the arrow in the top right hand corner as you instructed. A small drop down list appears as you say. However the second item "New thread" is missing. So what am I doing wrong?

Hi Bluejack. Perhaps some confusion may have been caused by J.A's excellent examples. That last screen (with the large blue arrow) is simply another method of opening a thread, but this time via the forum address in Safari. (What we tend to call "the web site"). If you are using the Forum app, once you enter the title and your text, just hit "Send" top right corner (second to last picture) and hey, you've created a new thread.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Bluejack. Perhaps some confusion may have been caused by J.A's excellent examples. That last screen (with the large blue arrow) is simply another method of opening a thread, but this time via the forum address in Safari. (What we tend to call "the web site"). If you are using the Forum app, once you enter the title and your text, just hit "Send" top right corner (second to last picture) and hey, you've created a new thread. Regards, Andrew Sent from Oz using Tapatalk
Thank you for the pointer! I've edited my post, so hopefully it's not that confusing any more.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack this thread!

Please will someone explain how to start a new thread. In fact the only thing I have found that I am able to do is to add a new reply with a quote to an existing thread. Presumably there are ways of answering an existing thread without a quote (I had to delete the quote here) and obviously there must be ways to start a new thread. Please will somebody tell me how. Thank you.

Since you did hijack the an existing thread, we have moved your post along with the associated responses to a thread of its own.

This thread has also been moved to the Help Section!

Welcome to the forum.

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

OP
Bluejak

Bluejak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you have solved it for me now. I was trying to start a new thread in the news section. Now I have managed to start a new thread in one of the other forums. Thanks very much.

Most reactions

Latest posts