What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question? is $420.00...

grandpuba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A good price for an Ipad 2 16GB version? Do you think the prices will be dropping soon? I can get an Ipad 1 16GB version for $300.00? what do you guys think?

Thanks.

OP
G

grandpuba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok. So, are these good prices and which one would you get?

m3incorp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd say go to a comparison page and see if the $120 difference is worth it to you. For me the newer, the better...but that's just me....

jerseymaggie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a 64 wifi only refurbished iPad 1 from the apple store online and received it the next day! Got it for $529.00. I wasn't all that interested in FaceTime and the two cameras so this was a good fit for me.

It was a great experience and it came with a one year warranty just like it was new! I highly recommend checking that out as well.

Good luck and enjoy!

Maggie

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ragual

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well for me it's a no brainier the second has a much better speed in productivity. No issues with the cameras. I got the 16 gig iPad 2 and I have to say I am glad that I waited for the release. My other pic was going to be a samsung galaxy tab 7.0 but like I told my co worker this device had made things better as far as keeping up with what need to be on time for. And sending out emails are much more enjoyable. FaceTime is a awesome tool. I was able to Talk to my co-worker and be more productive and had a personal feel like we were getting things done and was much faster than sending email or long drawn-out meetings. So if you ask me the 160 or 260 difference is way worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iPadmashup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They're both good prices considering what you're getting. If the cameras and better speed aren't a big deal for you, then I say the iPad1 for $300.00 is the way to go. I bought my iPad1 16GB a week before 2 was released when Apple dropped the price to $399.00 and I think I got a great deal. It does what I need it to do and I'm very happy with it. At the end of the day it's how good you will feel about your purchase. Good luck!

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As others have noted, the key points to keep in mind are whether the features of the second generation iPad are worth $120 difference to you.

Beyond that, you'll probably save a bit more in terms of resale value by choosing the iPad 1. Its price is unlikely to drop more than $100 more, maybe less. The iPad 2 may go down a bit more than that.

So, figure you're saving, say, $150 by purchasing the iPad 1. Is that savings worth it?

Destroyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple don't drop prices unless a new model is on the way an usually is a $100.00 drop

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ragual

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In either case the purchase is a good investment since my iPod touch 1st gen and my iPhone 1st gen have been in good shape. Apple really makes products that last a really long time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions