What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

question for newer iphone users??

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, but here is the only Apple site I ever post to.

I do network admin and also handle the corporate cell phone account where I work. We have both ATT & Verizon accounts and recently all the iphone users have been switching over to VZ for the better service (the difference here is night and day)

One of our managers recently bought a new VZ iphone and has no end to irritating annoying problems with it. He is not computer literate at all and runs to me everytime he has any problem.

The latest problem is, the voice recognition keyboard button has stopped working. If he goes to compose a new email etc, he has always been able to hit that KB button and speak into the phone. Now, hitting that button tells you "no microphone found". I cannot find any setting to re-enable this feature, what am I missing??

The voice feature is set to on in the feature settings??

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, but here is the only Apple site I ever post to.

I do network admin and also handle the corporate cell phone account where I work. We have both ATT & Verizon accounts and recently all the iphone users have been switching over to VZ for the better service (the difference here is night and day)

One of our managers recently bought a new VZ iphone and has no end to irritating annoying problems with it. He is not computer literate at all and runs to me everytime he has any problem.

The latest problem is, the voice recognition keyboard button has stopped working. If he goes to compose a new email etc, he has always been able to hit that KB button and speak into the phone. Now, hitting that button tells you "no microphone found". I cannot find any setting to re-enable this feature, what am I missing??

The voice feature is set to on in the feature settings??

Power Off completely - Power On usually fixes the 'missing microphone' problem.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts