What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question for ipad air owners?

eddieg

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When i power off my ipad air then power it back on the apple logo comes up like it should then the lock screen only comes up for a second i cant swipe it fast enough then i have to hit the sleep/wake button to bring it back up. So can someone try theirs to see if this happens please.

Thanks Ed

Elux72

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Happens to me too with all devices (Air, Mini, phone); pretty sure that's entirely normal.

Last edited:

avipaduser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad you asked. Mine does the same thing.
After the Apple logo disappears the unlock screen with the time appears for less than a second. I thought this was a malfunction and I was about to go the Apple store tomorrow, but I guess it's normal.

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wonder if it's the faster processor doing this. Reminds me of years ago downloading a pinball game for a 486 that was written for an old old machine. The 486 played all 5 balls in about 2 sec. Maybe Apple just needs to change the timing so it stays longer.

avipaduser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It may be a bug, but it seems to be universal. I went to the Apple store, and one of the technicians showed me her iPad - it did the same thing. She said it was an intentional feature designed to save the battery.

Maybe so, but a dew more seconds wouldn't hurt. I hope Apple can change this in a future update.

Texshooter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a new AIR owner, a friend showed me how to change it. (We went into Settings and in there some pass code section that had Immediate / 1 minute / 5 minute etc ) and it worked for a few days by keeping the Lock Screen on, but now it immediately goes Black and I have to hit Home button to make it stay on to unlock. Frustrating

Most reactions