What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question for anyone with a WiFi only model and an external GPS

Mmadness

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to make my 3rd. Gen WiFi only model compatible with an app called iOnRoad. The only trouble is, when I try to download the app it states "This app is incompatible with this iPad" "This app requires GPS". I'm concerned that I won'tbe able to download the app even after I purchase an external GPS. If you have a WiFi only model with an external GPS could you please try downloading GPS by TeleNav and post the results? I get the same incompatibility message when I tryto download that app as well.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Btdt. You cannot use that app as the developer requires you to have a gps built into your ipad.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I went through the same thing with motion x drive.

I use navigon and it works well.

batty505

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to make my 3rd. Gen WiFi only model compatible with an app called iOnRoad. The only trouble is, when I try to download the app it states "This app is incompatible with this iPad" "This app requires GPS". I'm concerned that I won'tbe able to download the app even after I purchase an external GPS. If you have a WiFi only model with an external GPS could you please try downloading GPS by TeleNav and post the results? I get the same incompatibility message when I tryto download that app as well.

If you're trying to use your ipad with GPS. Just get a mifi and use some iTunes maps app with your ipad

Most reactions

Latest posts