1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Question about YouTube site

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Jasonc84, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Jasonc84

Jasonc84 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So I've noticed lately it seems that I can't effectively use YouTube. The YouTube app never gives me the videos I want when I search for them so I started using the actual website. This used to work just fine but now all of the videos I want to see don't work, all I get is the message stating that I need a newer version of flash which obviously I know this isn't possible. Has anyone else noticed this?? Is there a work around I'm missing?
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,746 / 0
    It appears that now, YouTube has different uploading procedures, in that it is no longer default to select that the video can be viewed by a mobile device/one without flash. As far as I know, there is no way around this - so you'll have to get a browser that will view these flash videos, or use a "regular" computer.

I've had great success with the app iSwifter ($4.99, USD), while there are others. In addition, people use remote log in apps to log into their main desktop or laptop computers.

Please see this link for more suggestions on getting around the flash limitations of the iPad (there are more apps and such discussed - so you can pick the solution that'll suit you best): http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/54703-flash-ipad.html

Good luck.

Marilyn
  3. graywolf

graywolf iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    YouTube has been updating to HTML 5 lately and almost every video can be accessed with the native YouTube site, not the mobile site.
  4. Jasonc84

Jasonc84 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've been using the native site not the mobile site. Will look into some of the other solutions listed thanks for the responses!!!