What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

question about watching web based video

daltron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello all. I am new to this site and have a question for some one with more experience than me.... here is the situation. I am logging into a site with my ipad 2 using safari, and watching some instructional videos and I am given 2 options. one column is labled "streaming" with a "watch now" button when I click this nothing happens. I assume this is a flash player issue. kinda what I expected. but the other column is labled "download now". the size of the file is noted in the far right size (I assume its the size... 87m, 94m 112m, etc) when I click the "download now" button the video loads automatically and plays. (much to my surprise...!) here is the weird thing... if the size listed is more than 100m I get the "safari cannot download this file" message... is there a setting somewhere in safari that I can change to make this work? I tried a couple other browers (chorme, and atomic web) and that didn't work either... can anyone help?

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Perhaps a downloader app from App Store like Total Downloader or iDownloader? Download and watch later?

madliu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You wont use the stream feature if you do not have a http service on your computer.

OP
D

daltron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perhaps a downloader app from App Store like Total Downloader or iDownloader? Download and watch later?
this was my orginal thought when I pushed the "download" button but was surprised to see the video load automatically and start playing...

Most reactions

Latest posts