What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about using two devices through ipad port

DR0832

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I currently have a jail broken ipad 2. I use ifileand the camera connection kit with a 32 gb sd card to play video's. I wam headed on a 20 hour flight and would like to be able to plug in my ipad into ac outlet but at the same time use the camera connection kit to access my 32 gb card. I am wondering if anyone knows if there is any adapter that splits the port on the ipad 2 into two ports. I searched around but didn't find anything like this.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know of such a splitter.

However, as your movies will be transferred to the iPad in order to play them in an app - could you not connect the iPad to power once your movie is playing? It may not be a perfect solution, given you have to keep switching out connections, but at least you'll be getting a charge while your movie plays.

Marilyn

OP
D

DR0832

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I usually make a shortcut of the movie file into the app for my video player on my ipad. Are you saying you can copy a file and paste into your video app instead and if so can you explain the steps or point me to a website that does?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I usually make a shortcut of the movie file into the app for my video player on my ipad. Are you saying you can copy a file and paste into your video app instead and if so can you explain the steps or point me to a website that does?

My understanding of the way the iPad works is - if you use the "Open In" function within iFile and select an app on your iPad to view that file, the app will put the movie into that app's storage space. In essence, you will have a duplicate that is actually saved into your iPad's/the app's memory. So, since the app has a copy, you can then disconnect the memory card and the camera adapter. This way, you can plug in the power source.

Yeah, you'll have to go back into the app that has the video and delete it (so you're not taking up space once you've finished watching it). But, it wouldn't be too hard - and you'll be able to charge the iPad.

At least, that' show I'd do it.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts