What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about updating iOS version

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If I update from version 6 to 7, is there a chance that some of my apps may no longer work on the new version?

I'd like to update in order to access a new app I downloaded, but not if it means that several other apps will cease functioning.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No, that will not happen. Most apps have an update for iOS 7 support a few days after the iOS new version release. All your apps will work normally. :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No, that will not happen. Most apps have an update for iOS 7 support a few days after the iOS new version release. All your apps will work normally. :)

Mostly true, but there have been rare cases where someone has an older game or app that's never been updated, and won't work. By rare cases I mean one visitor/member who was extremely distressed a few months ago. The games were very old, and iPhone games to boot; but that does happen.

@GAMESHARQ

If you have a game or app you absolutely can not do without, go to the App Store, find that /those apps, and check:

1) What iOS versions they list as being compatible.
2) When was the last update.

Most reactions