Question About the New Screen

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by Floppydog, Mar 22, 2012.

1. grouchomarx

grouchomarx
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I read it in the news that optometrists all over China are finding kids spent more than 2 hours on iPad[FONT=arial, sans-serif] have far worse eyesight[/FONT][FONT=arial, sans-serif] when compared to normal kids.

I suppose this retina display is going hurt them even more since it is so addictive.

[/FONT]

2. JewelGarden

JewelGarden
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I too use my iPad mainly for reading. I upgraded from iPad 1 to the new iPad because of the higher screen resolution. I have been very pleased with the upgrade. Much less eye fatigue, even with prolonged use. Text is sharp and clear in PDFs and ebooks. You should definitely take a look.

3. Lunar

Lunar
    Expand Collapse

In reply to the original poster, yes you will notice an immediate improvement in the readability of text, though IMO the previous Ipad screens were quite decent too, but the new higher resolution screen is a big improvement, especially so when displaying text or web pages ect, so would be good for reading books.

I'm nearly 70yrs of age, and also wear glasses, if your main use is going to be reading books then it may be worth checking out a cheaper option such as the Kindle which is better still for reading online books ect. However for its versatility the iPad will take some beating. BTW, If you happen to wear specs, I would also recommend you get your eyes checked frequently, as the difference new glasses can make, really justify's their cost.

4. grouchomarx

grouchomarx
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Actually this is opposite to my experience. Because of the sharper image and small fonts being more legible, I tend not to zoom in during reading and after a while, my eyes get strained a lot worse which caused me to have an headache which I never suffered before during prolonged reading on my old faithful iPad 1.

Technological advancement has its curse...

5. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    We all get older every year. Our eyes tend to weaken and our tolerance for looking at bright screens starts to diminish.