What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about synching the Ipad2.

Gman4440

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Family is visiting from the U.S., I am stationed in Japan, and I bought them Ipad2's. They didn't bring their laptops as we didn't realize it would require a synch with their iTunes accounts. If they use my laptop, but are signed into their iTunes accounts will registration, etc. work for them? I want them to be able to enjoy their Christmas gift, but don't want to set them up for failure and hassles long term. Any insights into this would be greatly appreciated.

-Scott

jmschnur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gman4440 said:
Family is visiting from the U.S., I am stationed in Japan, and I bought them Ipad2's. They didn't bring their laptops as we didn't realize it would require a synch with their iTunes accounts. If they use my laptop, but are signed into their iTunes accounts will registration, etc. work for them? I want them to be able to enjoy their Christmas gift, but don't want to set them up for failure and hassles long term. Any insights into this would be greatly appreciated.

-Scott

Can't they log into their account on your computer?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They can use your computer to synch to their iTunes account, then do this when they return home to their laptop/PCs:

How Do I Sync My iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with a New Computer Without Wiping Out All My Data?

It should be relatively easy if they don't have a bunch of stuff to transfer from using the iPads while visiting you.

Only hiccup might be buying apps in the U.S. iTunes store if their ISP shows as Japanese. If that turns out to be the case, you might want to just synch to your iTunes, share apps with them temporarily so they can enjoy without buying while in Japan. Then back home they can start off fresh (wipe out everything maybe) and just synch to their computers and iTunes account as new iPads. That part would be easy.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts