What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about free aps

spawnman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So when you get an app that is Free for a limited time and then goes to it's normal price, say $5.99. If you need to redownload that app because you reset your iPad, do you get it again for free or would you then have to pay for it?

Just wondering
Spawnman

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
No, you do not have to pay for it later. This is one if the things I watch for when searching apps. If I find one I "have to have" I throw it on my Wish List in AppShopper and wait for a reduction in price.

What really blows is paying $4.99 for an app only to have it drop to $.99 or Free the next day.

The app will be listed in your iTunes account as having been purchased already. You can then redownload it at any time. The other thing I do is if I have downloaded a number of apps during the week or so, I will just sync my iPad so the "purchases" transfer to the PC, saving it forever in your iTunes library. But, not everyone uses iTunes.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts