1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Question about 3g sim card while traveling out of country

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by midlifemudder, Oct 4, 2011.

1. midlifemudder

midlifemudder iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am living in Canada and planning a trip to California in the near future.Is it possible to wait till I am there,drop into an AT&T dealer while I am there,and purchase a sim card and a 1 mth plan,rather than purchase one in Canada before I go,and pay roaming fees (if that applies)....I am pretty new at this data plan stuff...I apologize if it sounds like a dumb question.....thanks
  2. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,317 / 0
    Not a dumb question at all, I asked the same thing. Yes you can wait until you get there, they do have prepaid sim phone cards available. For an iPad you have to join a plan and remember to cancel it before you leave. If you go to an Apple store they will give you a free sim for the iPad, then while you're there get on the net and sign up with a credit card. Enjoy your trip!