What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quality of refurb units?

Markdf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't current have an iPad, but want one. I've been debating waiting for the iPad 2, but at a minimum that sounds like it will be several months away. However, I just discovered Apple's refurbished section and I like the prices there.

What is the typical quality of buying refurbs from Apple?

My only last decision would be 32 or 64.

Thanks.

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
32 should be fine - unless you will have long length periods where you are away from your ipad and cannot resync with iTunes. I have heard several people happy with their refurbished apple products. I personally cannot speak for the refurbished items.

Bob Coxner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm perfectly happy with my refurb. $429 for 16gb WiFi. There's no way you would ever know it wasn't new. The warranty is the same as new.

However, ONLY get a refurb from the Apple Store. 3rd party refurbs are a whole different ballgame.

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agree with Bob, I have always hears good things about the refurb units. They come to you as new! Same box and packaging.

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah at this point in the life cycle if i where to by one i would get a referb without a doubt! Also its an ipad there is not much that could be wrong with one! And if you ever do have a problem, not created by you, apple will gladley replace it for you!

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Markdf said:
I don't current have an iPad, but want one. I've been debating waiting for the iPad 2, but at a minimum that sounds like it will be several months away. However, I just discovered Apple's refurbished section and I like the prices there.

What is the typical quality of buying refurbs from Apple?

My only last decision would be 32 or 64.

Thanks.

i bought a refurb macbook from them and have not had any problems with it
it did, however, show several cycles on the battery o that did not get replaced when it was refurbished
i have heard it said that buying a refurb can be better than buying new because it has gone through quality assurance twice

Lend27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased a 64 gig wifi iPad a month ago from Apple.
It's awesome. I recommend getting the 64 gig because you cant add to it later.
This my 3rd refurb unit purchased from Apple and all have been perfect.

I highly recommend Apple refurbs.

Len

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Apple Refurbs from the Apple Store are ALWAYS the first place I look. Time Machine, iPod Touch, couple other smaller items, they all are top notch and you will never tell that the are refurbs. Even have the same warranty and extended warranty options. And I agree that they very well tend to be even better than the new because of them being updated to the newest components since the original builds.

thekarens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just today I ordered a 32gb refurb. It seemed to be the best deal in the price I wanted to pay.

Most reactions

Latest posts