What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Q about Composite Video Out for all apps

fredsmith219

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got an older TV and would love to be able to display any app on it like Steve did with the iPad 2 and HDMI. Does anyone know if the new features that support video out for all applications will be available in the original iPad with an OS upgrade? Will it work for composite video (my TV doesn't have HDMI)?

I checked the Apple.com accessory page, and the HTMI out adapter will work with the original iPad, so hopefully those other features will work as well.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreak ur ipad. Then go to cydia, n getbthe free display out app and with the composite cable like i have, Magical things will happen on ur t.v.
Thays how to get it done ;-)

OP
F

fredsmith219

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did that months ago. DisplayOut mostly works, but will occasionally shake & flicker on some apps. It does that a lot on Hulu+. It hasn't been updated since I bought it in early December. Hopefully an update comes out that will fix it. If not, but the next version of iOS supports video out for all apps with a composite cable, then I'll unjailbreak and update. DisplayOut is the only reason I jailbreak.

Most reactions