What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put a bookmark into a folder???

Grinchy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have created quite a few favourites on the safari favourites bar. I have also created a new folder but can anyone tell me how to move individual bookmarks in to the newly created folder please?

Thank you

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In Safari, press the open book icon. When the drop-down appears, find your bookmark(s). Once you can see your bookmark, tap the Edit button in the right hand corner of the drop-down. An arrow (>) will appear next to your bookmark; press that.

At the bottom of the new drop-down, you'll see a box by itself with another > arrow. This is the folder/area that bookmark is currently in. Pressing that opens another drop-down. You'll see a check mark by the name of the folder the bookmark is currently in. Find the folder you made and put the check mark next to it. When you do so, you'll go back to the folder view, where you'll see that bottom box name has changed (and that's how you'll know you've moved it to the folder).

Whew! That got a bit confusing, with all the drop-downs. If you followed that and successfully moved your folders around - I did better than I thought! :D If not, let us know where you got "stuck" and we'll try again.

Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
Grinchy

Grinchy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
In Safari, press the open book icon. When the drop-down appears, find your bookmark(s). Once you can see your bookmark, tap the Edit button in the right hand corner of the drop-down. An arrow (>) will appear next to your bookmark; press that.

At the bottom of the new drop-down, you'll see a box by itself with another > arrow. This is the folder/area that bookmark is currently in. Pressing that opens another drop-down. You'll see a check mark by the name of the folder the bookmark is currently in. Find the folder you made and put the check mark next to it. When you do so, you'll go back to the folder view, where you'll see that bottom box name has changed (and that's how you'll know you've moved it to the folder).

Whew! That got a bit confusing, with all the drop-downs. If you followed that and successfully moved your folders around - I did better than I thought! :D If not, let us know where you got "stuck" and we'll try again.

Good luck.

Marilyn

Hi

Thank you so much! Yes I did manage it having written down all the inmstructions first so I could do it step by step. The test will be can I mdo it again without the instructions!!!

I don't know how novices like me would manage without people like you.

Kind regards. ☺

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yay! Glad it wasn't too confusing.

And, thanks for the update - it's nice to hear back on success stories.

Marilyn

retexan599

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:

Good luck.

Marilyn

Very handy tip, thanks so much!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Grinchy said:
I have created quite a few favourites on the safari favourites bar. I have also created a new folder but can anyone tell me how to move individual bookmarks in to the newly created folder please?

Thank you

Hod did you make the folder ?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gtatler:

To make a folder in Safari for your bookmarks: Press the open book icon (to the left of the URL bar). You'll get a mini drop-down box. Now press the "Edit" button on the upper right side of this box.

On the upper left side, there's a button titled "New Folder." Press that and you'll be taken to another menu where you can title your folder and also determine in which hierarchy you wish to place it.

After you've named the folder and selected where you want it, on the keyboard where you'd normally see the Return/Enter button, press the Done button.

And that's it, you've created a folder for your bookmarks. Yeah, it's not terribly intuitive - so I hope this helps.

Marilyn

P.S. And, I deleted your duplicate post in another thread to answer only here. Best to keep conversations in the same thread - prevents mixing up answers, allows others to easily follow the topic and also keeps in line with the forum rules. Thanks.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
P.S. And, I deleted your duplicate post in another thread to answer only here. Best to keep conversations in the same thread - prevents mixing up answers, allows others to easily follow the topic and also keeps in line with the forum rules. Thanks.

Ooooopppppsssss!!!!!!!!!

Apologies.

Great help, and great administration.

Most reactions