What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purchased music won't stay downloaded

OP
rdkendrick

rdkendrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can use Apptrans to transfer your songs from one device to another so they won't be lost. Here is the coupon if you want to buy it: AppTrans for Windows coupon code

PETERFAN,
Thank you for the sales pitch.
1. I already own AppTrans, but if you read the technical specs, it does not work with iOS 8.
2. My problem was not transferring music, it was with the music, already on my iPad, disappearing, causing me to have to download it from my purchased music in iTunes.

The only solution I had not tried, was a total reload, but I did not eant to have tomdo that while I was using it. I have since switched to an iPad Air 2, so now I can try reloading it.
Thanks anyway.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's funny you say that, because I just noticed a song that I KNOW I bought was missing. There was a price on it in iTunes, so I just bought it again. It was one of the songs that would show up double, on my last iPad, so it is possible I may have deleted it. With my swiss-cheese memory, I am not sure.

Not sure how I missed this. (several months late)

Deleting an iTunes song should not require you to pay for it again. The only thing I can think of is that the version you paid for was removed from the store (rare, but happens), and the song you purchased was from a different album, release, or whatever. You can end up buying the exact same song/recording if it's in more than one album, or sold separately as a single. iTunes counts those as separate purchases, even if the actual sound track is identical; no different than buying two physical albums with overlapping content.

OP
rdkendrick

rdkendrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HimTwerppoet,
Yeah, I have done that, too. Actually, I have noticed several purchased songs have disappeared from my purchased songs tab on iTunes.
Also, Apple discontinues some albums, which pisses me off, if I have to re-download it. The album art goes missing.
I bought an iPad Air 2. That took care of my missing son problem, but when i updated to 8.4, I started having orientation lock problems.
It is posted in another thread.

Most reactions

Latest posts