What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purchased game will not open and play

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

When an app behaves strangely it is best to close it completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly, let us know how you go.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
3 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help...shortcuts-helpful-places-people-new-ipad.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

chrisralph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Teresajane, I had the same problem with mine. I purchased Sky safari Pro but it wouldn't do anything. I contacted my local Apple shop who very soon put things right. Before you connect your pad to a computer, you have to 'authorise' the comp to work with iPad, otherwise the app just sits there doing nothing. Once my comp was authorised, everything downloaded and worked perfectly. Have you authorised your comp? Hope this helps.

Chris. :eek:

OP
T

teresajane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
chrisralph said:
Hi Teresajane, I had the same problem with mine. I purchased Sky safari Pro but it wouldn't do anything. I contacted my local Apple shop who very soon put things right. Before you connect your pad to a computer, you have to 'authorise' the comp to work with iPad, otherwise the app just sits there doing nothing. Once my comp was authorised, everything downloaded and worked perfectly. Have you authorised your comp? Hope this helps.

Hi Chris, how do I authorise? News for me cos I just thought you had to connect and sync. It's really getting on my nerves now, don't know what to do next. Contacted apple help and g5 games, but so far nothing. Help!

OP
T

teresajane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
chrisralph said:

Hi Chris, did you get my reply? Not sure it sent

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you close the app completely? Try a reset of your iPad and see if this makes a difference

Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start. Let us know how you go.

chrisralph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you purchased your app, did you get an app come up on your home screen that said 'waiting' or, 'purchased'?

Last edited:
OP
T

teresajane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
Did you close the app completely? Try a reset of your iPad and see if this makes a difference

Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start. Let us know how you go.

Hi leelai , done the power off, reset many times!

OP
T

teresajane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
chrisralph said:
When you purchased your app, did you get an app come up on your home screen that said 'waiting' or, 'purchased'?

It said waiting, then it installed, went to play, opened it and stayed on screen for about six seconds,then went back to home screen. Don't know what else I can try!

chrisralph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Contact the place that you bought it from, and ask them if you delete and then re-download it, would they charge you for it again. If not, delete and reload it. If they will charge again, get them to put it right. Sounds like you've got a duff app.

OP
T

teresajane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
chrisralph said:
Contact the place that you bought it from, and ask them if you delete and then re-download it, would they charge you for it again. If not, delete and reload it. If they will charge again, get them to put it right. Sounds like you've got a duff app.

I know what you are saying, but it seems that other people can play, why can't I?

chrisralph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you say other people can play, do you mean on your ipad, or on theirs? Do you have it password protected, and have you set it so as not to run without permission? Go into settings and check that you have all the perammiters set correctly.

OP
T

teresajane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
chrisralph said:
When you say other people can play, do you mean on your ipad, or on theirs? Do you have it password protected, and have you set it so as not to run without permission? Go into settings and check that you have all the perammiters set correctly.

I meant that other people have been able to play the game on theirs.

Most reactions

Latest posts