What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Puffin

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I downloaded puffin browser as I read it allows iPad to use flash. However puffin tells me I can only use flash for 14 days? What's that all about?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe it's a trial to use for 14 days than you have to purchase it. I had to do the same with iSwifter.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, it's a trial version. The only difference between the free version of Puffin and the paid version ($2.99, USD), is that you only get a 2-week trial of Adobe Flash support.

So, it's a good thing - you don't pay for an app before you find out if it'll work for you.

Marilyn

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok, but I've found that flash in fact does not work in puffin after all! I went to a few test my webcam sites & they all told me they required flash which was unavailable for this device! So I won't bother paying for puffin!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
None of the flash enabled browser work with every site. If those sites are what you need, then obviously Puffing isn't.

On the other hand there are quite a few webcam viewing apps in the App Store. Perhaps you can find one that shows you what and where you want to see. I don't use one, so I can't make any recommendations.

Good luck.

Most reactions