What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Puffin Browser - anyone tried this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Puffin Browser has shown up in the App Store and claims to playback flash content and even flash games. It says it is using remote servers so I would guess means it is similar to Skyfire but found the claim about online flash gaming a little too far.
Has anyone any experience with this yet?

splh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It supports flash content, which is not supported by Skyfire, this is important for me because most websites from suppliers use flash for their product cataloque. I didn't try games. It is faster than Skyfire and flash content is nice integrated in the webpage and not in a new window.

Jmczabos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would highly recommend this app, even in it's early stage, I stumbled upon this app looking for 'cloud browse' another cloud based browser that supports flash, but unfortunately 'cloud browse' is only for US and Canadian users and like the above comment it supports true flash not like skyfire at all (and I would know as I own skyfire) yes it's a little slow, needs improvements, and flash game integration but the core features all here. It's also universal so u can use it on iPad and iPhone by only paying once and it's only 59p and yes u get real flash :) this app really needs support because the more money they make the more time they will take to improve it.

Davefewox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love this app. I have not tried flas video but audio works great and they don't want any subscription fees...trying to figure hoe to make it run in background tho.

jeans94621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought Puffin a couple of months ago and was not thrilled with it. But they recently did an upgrade and the strolling is better it is faster. The video are pretty good. I tried to play bejewel blitz on it and no you can't play well but there is a bejewel app so that is fine. It has improve so much that I plan to use it for my main browser.

Davefewox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Works great for me too but I can't get backgrounder to keep flash audio playing while I surf any suggestions .

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
My two cents. It stinks. Just downloaded it. Sure it plays flash, but you can't interact with the flash player, no smooth scrolling, and fast...not so much.

There's better browsers out there, Im gonna stick with Terra and skyfire (usually when I go to imdb)

But I'm glad everybody else has a good time with it...

:)

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works. I had no issues watching the flash on my Ipad and Iphone 4. The only concern is that the flash player is not smooth. Worth the .99C

jeans94621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried just about every browser in the app store and the Puffin browser is my favorite. The video maybe a step behind but the audio is perfect. What i don't like about skyfire is it does not play all videos. I have not run across a video that it does not play. The iSwifter browser play the videos perfect but the browsing is horrible. I use Puffing for my browsing and videos. I of course can't play games on the browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts