What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Site - Connected but Not

Canuckgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My husband's iPad 2 Air shows as being connected in a public Rv park. Except it isn't working. He did a reboot and then Reset Network settings.

Ideas that may be blocking it. Mine is fine.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My husband's iPad 2 Air shows as being connected in a public Rv park. Except it isn't working. He did a reboot and then Reset Network settings.

Ideas that may be blocking it. Mine is fine.
Maybe the WiFi router needs a reset. It's not uncommon for a device to have problems connecting to a WiFi router that other devices have no problems with. Resetting the router helps in most cases. Maybe if you ask in the office they'll reset the router.,

OP
C

Canuckgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since it's after office hours, we'll have to give up. We have mine if needed. We're so connected to our devices that it almost feels like doing without electricity. Since it's not that bad, we'll get by. ;)Thanks for the suggestion scifan57.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Since it's after office hours, we'll have to give up. We have mine if needed. We're so connected to our devices that it almost feels like doing without electricity. Since it's not that bad, we'll get by. ;)Thanks for the suggestion scifan57.

Good advice by Scifan.. - I have had to reset my home modem & router occasionally when having a Wi-Fi issue w/ a device (and the problem may just affect one and not others), and I've called the front desk at several hotels that we have stayed at in recent years to ask them to reset their router(s) w/ positive results - so certainly worth a try. Good luck and let us know - Dave :)

OP
C

Canuckgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We decided to try the wifi on our iPhones. That wasn't successful either.

I strongly suspect you are correct about the router. We stay here every year and my iPad had connected automatically. We're leaving in the morning so I can't even call to report the problem. It's a city park.

I saw others had their TVs on so maybe they don't care. We never use ours.

If I didn't have access on mine it would be a real toss up between electricity and wifi. Wifi would likely win. I can live with 12 volt lights for a night.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
We decided to try the wifi on our iPhones. That wasn't successful either.

I strongly suspect you are correct about the router. We stay here every year and my iPad had connected automatically. We're leaving in the morning so I can't even call to report the problem. It's a city park.

If I didn't have access on mine it would be a real toss up between electricity and wifi. Wifi would likely win. I can live with 12 volt lights for a night.

LOL! :) Kindred souls - my wife & I feel the same way about our 'need' for Wi-Fi - when we travel, wireless in the room is a MUST! At home, I used an APC UPS (interruptible power supply) on our iMac (and have been using these units for decades - lot of electric storms and occasional power outages in Piedmont NC), and intentionally bought one w/ MORE capacity than needed (the one shown below); also, we have several Apple laptops and iPads; for the latter a couple of power packs for charging (mine also shown below).

SO - when we get a power outage, I can shut down the iMac but keep the modem & router powered w/ the APC UPS which has enough power storage to last hours for those two much less demanding electrical devices; thus, we have Wi-Fi until the power returns (and also a number of LED & other battery powered flash lights/lanterns). Dave :cool:
APC copy.jpg
lumsing-11000mah-5-port-usb-charger copy.jpg

OP
C

Canuckgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Back in Canada, we tethered to our phones. That worked so it was that router in the city RV park. We can't afford to use our phones for data in the US.

One of those be careful what you wish for moments. The switch didn't catch on the plug in today's park. We were running on 12V. That's not so good in the heat.

Most reactions

Latest posts