What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Protector screens now banned from Apple stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
M

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cases comes with free protectors as well, will they ban those too?

Apple is offering a break thru cover ... if customers want something else, that is their choice.

Notice the rumor states Apple Stores only ... not all other places of business or internet ... you are free to do what you think is best.

There is a special coating on the goilla glass to aid in cleaning off finger prints, etc.

You might pull off this special coating, with the adhesive nature of whatever gets added by something that somebody else designs and offers... your choice, your risk

Notice rumor, rumor, rumor ... Apple is silent, silent, silent.

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So the Ipad doesnt need the added protection. Good to know since I dont have a screen protector.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
madhatter61 said:
Apple is offering a break thru cover ... if customers want something else, that is their choice.

Notice the rumor states Apple Stores only ... not all other places of business or internet ... you are free to do what you think is best.

There is a special coating on the goilla glass to aid in cleaning off finger prints, etc.

You might pull off this special coating, with the adhesive nature of whatever gets added by something that somebody else designs and offers... your choice, your risk

Notice rumor, rumor, rumor ... Apple is silent, silent, silent.

Hmm, now, who was it that started this rumour? Let me think?

The Archangel

mynameiserich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hate screen protectors as they all degrade the quality of the image.

Just keep the screen clean, don't touch it with dirty fingers, don't sit the side of the smartcover that touches the screen on dirty tables etc. and you have nothing to worry about.

It only gets scratched if you get something very hard on the screen and then drag it across.

Thought this was funny. It does decrease the quality a bit, but all the "just don'ts" are too funny. Of course people are going to use it with dirty hands, etc if they are in a situation where they need to look something up...screen protectors help protect the screen regardless of what you're doing...so why not use one if people want the option?

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hate screen protectors as they all degrade the quality of the image.

Just keep the screen clean, don't touch it with dirty fingers, don't sit the side of the smartcover that touches the screen on dirty tables etc. and you have nothing to worry about.

It only gets scratched if you get something very hard on the screen and then drag it across.

Thought this was funny. It does decrease the quality a bit, but all the "just don'ts" are too funny. Of course people are going to use it with dirty hands, etc if they are in a situation where they need to look something up...screen protectors help protect the screen regardless of what you're doing...so why not use one if people want the option?

Who's worried about dirty hands? I read most of my publications on the iPad while eating breakfast and lunch. There's not much I haven't gotten on the screen. It wipes right off. The screen is probably more durable than our fingers.

netsecpro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is just ridiculous! Last summer I was in an Apple store, and the rep actually recommended the InvisibleShield.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Well I was just stating my reasons for not using them. People are of course free to use there's however they see fit.

I mainly just use mine at home on the couch and in my office, so I just don't worry about it and prefer a crystal clear screen to using a screen protector.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rumor on the loose ...

Lots of speculation but no facts.

So....

itunes36.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions