Protective Case w/ Integrated Audio?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Gern Blanston, May 5, 2010.

1. Gern Blanston

Gern Blanston iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The iPad is a fantastic audio and video machine. But the speakers leave something to be desired -- they don't face the same way as the screen, they're very directional, and I think the speaker output is mono like on the iPhone. Don't get me wrong; the built-in speaker is pretty impressive given the constraints imposed by the iPad's industrial design. I'm not a big fan of headphone listening, though, and I much prefer speakers. Does anybody make a case with a small amplifier and a pair of speakers built in? Something with its own battery that'll play louder than the iPad's native audio? That would make for a very cool all-in-one media machine that would be perfect for couch-surfing or viewing/listening while working out on a treadmill or stationary bike!
  2. wot_fan

wot_fan iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Unfortunately, I don't know of a case like you describe. You may want consider Bluetooth speakers though. I have a Sony set that can run on battery power or they can be plugged in. The only downside I have found so far is that you have to adjust the volume on the speakers not the iPad.
  3. Gern Blanston

Gern Blanston iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Maybe it's just me, but I find the experience more "immersive" when the sound comes from the same place as the picture. I guess I could glue the Bluetooth speakers to the iPod. :)
  4. Isaac Newton

Isaac Newton iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'd like to see a clever sound solution re: portable sound amplification for the iPad while on photo shoots as well!
  5. NumbLock

NumbLock iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    I think its a cool idea as well.