What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Protect files in the iPad from being downloaded to a computer

grddel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem is that I need the documents I have downloaded in my iPad (.doc, .pdf) to be protected from downloading them to a computer through software like iExplorer. Do you know of any app that encrypts documents that you store in the iPad? Because even with the iPad blocked if you conect it to a computer you can read ALL documents in it with the appropriate software. I've found some apps that secure those documents with a pasword to not be read in the iPad without the password, but those documents are anyway readable when you conect the device to the computer. I know about the remote wiping, but I would like to know if there is a way to protect the documents and do no net to wipe them off...

Thank you very much.

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to ipf,

The only app I've found that might help you is called 'privateinfo hd' $6.99
I will keep a lookout, as I'm looking for the same. If I find something, I will post it here for you.

In the meantime, I hope you find this forum as informative and addictive as I do!
You will find that there are many members with a great knowledge base, waiting to help you with any issue you might have.

# Don't forget to use the search function, as there is a lot of issues already resolved here.
# If you haven't already, download the user manual for free at: http://support.apple.com/manuals/#ipad
# Also, feel free to have a look at this thread, it gives great tips and tricks for new users: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
# Ensure you take time to familiarize yourself with the forum rules at: http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Now that you are here you will never want to leave, so have the time of your life. :)

Regards,
Chays

OP
G

grddel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you

I've checked on the app information and I can't find about securing the files from being downloaded to a compture with software like iExplorer, do you know if this app blocks it? That's what concerns me.

Thank you very much!

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
grddel said:
I've checked on the app information and I can't find about securing the files from being downloaded to a compture with software like iExplorer, do you know if this app blocks it? That's what concerns me.

Thank you very much!

I'm not to sure, I'm still looking. Hopefully someone not the forum has tried it.

Regards,
~Chays~

Most reactions

Latest posts