What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pros and cons of the ipad mini

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad Mini arrived today. Sold my Ipad 3 last week. For the last couple months I had been playing with the ipad mini at the Apple store and I absolutely enjoyed it. Now that I own one (I used the money that I got from my Ipad 3 to get it). Just love it. The screen is perfect, the fact that it's non-retina does not bother me at all. It's such a cute device. I named it MrMcMini :)

Nice going, I have a mini too and I absolutely love it......congratulations on your MrMcMini!

The Archangel

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm starting to understand the weight comparison between my iPad 2 and the mini! It's such a treat to use the mini--especially when reading flipboard, tumblir, or playing games. However, I still like my iPad when coming onto this forum! The screen is bigger and more forgiving! Love both in different ways! :)

Skimonkey ~~ sent from my iPad MINI using iPF

Indeed! I have the Kindle app on both my iPad 4 and iPad mini, and I find myself picking up the mini when I want to read a Kindle book. I feel that the iPad mini is the perfect screen size and device weight.

lowertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Selling my iPad 3 and getting a Mini was the best thing I have done, tech-wise, ever. It is the perfect size and weight. I often carry it with me, even although I also have an iPhone. I have found apps to allow me to work on web sites, shop. and bank online, read, watch videos... and play! I love my Mini - her name is Merrily.

PadMatress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Definetly see more of the benefits then the cons. Honestly - Retina display is just overrated. This size is perfect and it compliments my needs and my computer nicely. :) I don't watch movies on the Ipad that's what the Mac Mini is for, but its great for business productivity, games, photos and gaming. :)

I got the 16 gigs because I think it's more then enough to serve my needs. I have 6 gigs left. And that's plenty for me to keep spare for podcasts as I do like to listen to podcasts on the go. It also has seen me drop the use for the Ipod. Again no need to use the Ipod - because the Ipad Mini is decent. It just works. Like the originally premise of the ipad - touch and go. Do. But this one just adds the extra benefit of it being light weight and meets in the middle between both the Ipad and Ipod. :)

Great name for your Ipad Mini :)

Appleipaduser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hopefully, Apple will not use backward technology in the upcoming iPad Mini Retina like they did in the original Mini that has an A5, 512MB RAM over now 3 years old CPU(originally used in the iPhone 4). A7, 2GB RAM is the current technology curve.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Indeed! I have the Kindle app on both my iPad 4 and iPad mini, and I find myself picking up the mini when I want to read a Kindle book. I feel that the iPad mini is the perfect screen size and device weight.

I am finding that I enjoy using my iPad mini for reading my library books and kindle app as well! Also, I have found it very handy to download my research journals and provider manuals onto the mini and reduce the size of brief case when I head out to work.

Love my mini and my iPad!! :)

rjkgr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pros it is easy to take it on the go and fits in small places, gets the job done, and cons is a little small for working and not that good typing like the regular ipad or mac book airs!

Mojofilter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cons - it doesn't run on Android (although that's entirely subjective), no retina display (non issue as far as I'm concerned, but again that's subjective), doesn't have the same grunt as a bigger iPad (might be an issue in the future, but as it stands its very responsive and I've get to experience any performance issues).

The screen size is a pro and a con, I think that 8 inches really hits a sweet spot, fits nicely in 1 hand, ultra portable etc... and it feel like you're missing out on anything for general web browsing, emails, Facebook and the like. Only downside I've found is that its slightly lacking for watching Netflix / iPlayer in bed so I usually end up getting my laptop out, but I think I'd do that anyway even if I had the full sized one because you can just rest it on your lap rather than holding it.

Even if they were the same price, I'd still say the Mini has the better form factor.

Most reactions

Latest posts