What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proofing college writing assignments

txdkmw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a college instructor, I like to provide feedback for my students' writings. At the grad level, students are required to use APA style formatting, so I like being able to track corrections and suggestions in a student's paper and the ability to insert comments as one is able to do in Microsoft Word. I have attempted to use Quickoffice and iAnnotate apps. They are really not satisfactory for my efforts. If any can suggest apps, which might fill this gap, it would be appreciated.

jounjian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try cloudone. It has more of the features found in Microsoft programs. You will need Dropbox or another file saving program to use with it.

Showbie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It’s awesome to see how you’re having students create work on the iPad!
For teachers who are looking for a super easy to use service to facilitate assignment or project file workflow between themselves and students, we’ve created a service called Showbie. With Showbie, teachers setup a class and assignments. They invite students to the class by giving the students a class code that links the student with all the assignments in the class once the student joins Showbie. This gives students each and assignment drop folder where they can upload work from their laptop via our website, or through WebDav. If you’re a teacher or student and on the iPad in an app like Pages or Keynote, you can easily save work into your Showbie assignment folder by putting in the Showbie server URL ----- Rule 13
Reminder - Rule 13 No external links or email addresses will be posted in thread titles. Posting links to products or services is allowed, as long as it is relevant to the conversation, enhances the discussion within the thread, and does not promote your personal web site, domain, service, company, business or another iPad forum. Administrators and moderators reserve the right to delete any inappropriate or excessive links. However, if you are the developer, owner or are otherwise affiliated with the product or service, web site, etc., you may not post links per rule #7. Please review all our forum rules here
and then entering your Showbie login and password. Going forward, you won’t need to put in these credentials unless you log out of the webdav connection.

If you have any questions or want to check us out head over to showbie.com!
Thanks,
Colin
Learning Happens Everywhere

Last edited by a moderator:

Hufn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Showbie - except that doesn't answer the ops question. Seems more a business plug.

To the OP, office2 hd now supports tracked changes... I use docstogo and like it but do miss that feature...

coolstuffs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a college instructor, I like to provide feedback for my students' writings. At the grad level, students are required to use APA style formatting, so I like being able to track corrections and suggestions in a student's paper and the ability to insert comments as one is able to do in Microsoft Word. I have attempted to use Quickoffice and iAnnotate apps. They are really not satisfactory for my efforts. If any can suggest apps, which might fill this gap, it would be appreciated.

You can try CloudOn or Onlive Desktop. Either of these use Microsoft office 2010.

Most reactions

Latest posts