What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Programs you can Get in US only - Why ?

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought that all the iPAD programs are available for every one in the world. Free and not free. I already bought some from the store and was charged on my Credit card.
Now I am finding out that from my location (Israel) I can't get all of them
Can't get : " PBS for iPAD" in:
PBS for iPad for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Can't see "photozap"

Any way to overcome that problem ?

Last edited:

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What happens when you click "Change Store"? Does it take you to the U.S. store and let you purchase/download it there? If it's your credit card they won't accept, I have heard that if you use iTunes gift cards, they will accept that.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's just licensing agreements, some programs are only licensed to be sold in the US.

Just like when I try to watch a show on History Channel or Discovery's website, it blocks my Japanese IP because I'm not in the US and won't let me watch the show.

OP
peled

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thing is, that it is looking for another Login.
Meaning I need to enter another USER/Password
I am afraid that in that case it may delete my current applications from the iTune.
But any way it looks for a USER from the USA, on specific applications. Don't know why.

Last edited:

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Because America is the best. We have the best ghettos, the best laws, and the best looting folk this side of..the moon I guess.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you mean best looking? Or looting? If you said looking, I beg to differ. Unless you are into fat people.

If you said looting, yes, America has some pretty good looters during riots.
LOL.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Because America is the best. We have the best ghettos, the best laws, and the best looting folk this side of..the moon I guess.

lmao ... that is a true classic.

As far as the PBS app goes it might have something to do with the fact that it is dealing with public broadcasting (read: US tax payer supported) that is specific to the US. There might be some type of licensing issue for people outside the US.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you mean best looking? Or looting? If you said looking, I beg to differ. Unless you are into fat people.

If you said looting, yes, America has some pretty good looters during riots.
LOL.

Looting, in relation to the ghettos :D

Lets not forgot our goverment owned auto makers, our hicks in the central US that are pushing E85, and Starbucks.

Oh, and we have Apple. One day, Apple and Google will ask Facebook for a 3-sum in taking over the world. I wanna be where they be..maybe grandfatherd into an easier lifestyle.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
..so I actually read the OP... it's a PBS app? Yep, tax payer owned. We don't share..sorry :(

Mossi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm really hurt that you'd call the folks in the central part of our country "hicks". Even tho they aren't as sophisticated and wear black like the East coasters, nor do they surf and eat sushi as do the West coasters, they do manage to grow our food and do what little manufacturing is left in the US. I think that if you visited Ohio or
Iowa or Kentucky, you'd find some of the finest, friendliest, most honest people you've ever met, even if they do drive pickup trucks and live in mobile homes.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No need to be so sensitive about it.

We all know that "hicks" are good people too, just a little different.

I think it was a lighthearted comment.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All the apple stores are localized not just apps but all content. The cost sometimes is through the roof like the beetles album set $80 more in Australia than USA. I have access to USA as well as Australia only because my daughter lives there. The iTunes music USA is fantastic the choice of music like blues and jazz is huge compared to other countries Love to access Britain as again music content and movies is broader. Some apps cannot be down loaded because of licensing laws like netflix they detect the ip Any way just wanted to share.

Norm01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The actual reason is licensing agreements, in the case of PBS, someone owns the rights to distribute in other countries therefore the US cannot directly distribute it outside the US. This will affect anything with video, audio and book content.

Most reactions

Latest posts