What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

deanlufc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can some1 help me please I want a photo on my profile and just wondering how I do it

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's easier to do this from a PC or Mac. Use a web browser to go to ipadforums.net and click on 'User CP' (User Control Panel) and there you'll find a whole series of controls and options - including the ability to upload a picture for your avatar. It can be done from an iPad but it's difficult so, if you have access to a PC or Mac, it's a lot simpler.

Tim

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
It's easier to do this from a PC or Mac. Use a web browser to go to ipadforums.net and click on 'User CP' (User Control Panel) and there you'll find a whole series of controls and options - including the ability to upload a picture for your avatar. It can be done from an iPad but it's difficult so, if you have access to a PC or Mac, it's a lot simpler.

Tim

Hi, I did this from my pc and my picture is there, but doesn't show up here, why is that? Can I fix it?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

Hi, I did this from my pc and my picture is there, but doesn't show up here, why is that? Can I fix it?

So, you go to ipadforums.net, you click on 'User CP', you click on 'Edit Avatar' and you have uploaded a new avatar and it shows there as 'Current Avatar'? Just check that you haven't accidentally clicked the 'Don't Use an Avatar' button.

Tim

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just did this all again and the picture shows up just like last time,but when I click save changes it says, file failed to load,but clearly it was there. I even used a different file this time and that button isn't checked. I''ve done this before, cannot figure out why it's not working. File size is correct .

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
NYHorsewoman said:
Just did this all again and the picture shows up just like last time,but when I click save changes it says, file failed to load,but clearly it was there. I even used a different file this time and that button isn't checked. I''ve done this before, cannot figure out why it's not working. File size is correct .

Oh, guess it worked this time!, lol THANKS TIM

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow - yes, I was reading your previous post - the penultimate one - and I thought, but - wait a minute - I can see her avatar!! Put it down to those electronic gremlins and - hey - if things were easy, I'd be out of a job...:(

Tim

OP
deanlufc

deanlufc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim your a genius pal your info is so simple and easy to follow, cheers I can always rely on you

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Wow - yes, I was reading your previous post - the penultimate one - and I thought, but - wait a minute - I can see her avatar!! Put it down to those electronic gremlins and - hey - if things were easy, I'd be out of a job...:(

Tim

Your avatar is way better than mine! ;) I actually knew and rode horses with Chris Reeves.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

Your avatar is way better than mine! ;) I actually knew and rode horses with Chris Reeves.

It was Marie (SweetPoison) who put it there; originally it was a 'normal' Superman avatar but one of the other Moderators (still to find out who, but I have my suspicions) modified it to put the 'T' there. For a short while 'Avatar Wars' broke out between the Moderators...:D

Tim

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
one of the other Moderators... I have my suspicions...
evilgrin.gif
LOL

Most reactions

Latest posts