What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Professional Photographer with an iPad

RTomStudios

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Apple iPad Forum,

4th post by now and thought to say hello.

I am a professional Wedding photographer out in Vancouver B.C. Canada and I bought the IPad mainly for use as a portfolio viewer.

After playing around with it for a week and since I bought it from London Drugs which had a 14 day return policy, I decided to switch to the 64gb 3g model for the reason that I may use the 3g for emails and internet browsing while I'm on the road.

The iPad is certainly an addictive device as I would spend hours er.... researching the games :p

I'll be posting up links to my, yet another ipad blogger, in the general forums.

Richard

Last edited by a moderator:

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Welcome.

There are a couple apps that you could find fun, though will probably never make it into your workflow. I use them for a quick "I wonder what this photo would look like if I ..."

Free: Adobe Photoshop Express
Paid: Filterstorm and Photogene.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like to welcome you to the iPad Forum. Before posting any links to any blogs please read our rules. There is a link in my signature.

OP
R

RTomStudios

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome.

There are a couple apps that you could find fun, though will probably never make it into your workflow. I use them for a quick "I wonder what this photo would look like if I ..."

Free: Adobe Photoshop Express
Paid: Filterstorm and Photogene.

yes, got them on the first day and actually made a quick bw background from one of my wedding photos. Turned out very nice.

What I would love to have on the IPad would be Adobe Photoshop Elements or if possible the full CS5 Adobe Photoshop. Of course I think this will be available with the IMacPad that will be forthcoming... :p

What I might do someday is actually load the photos from the ceremony onto the IPad and do a series of quick BW edits on some photos to be used as a slideshow during the reception. Quick turnaround... impressive idea. :cool:

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, hope to see you around. Any questions, feel free to ask.:)

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Take a look at Retouch. Great for quickly editing out an unwanted hand, glass or guest. Like a mini Photoshop clone tool.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Speaking of clone tools, go easy on the copy paste DG~X...........

leey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmm, you also can try hotoPad and iFunia MagicShow for Mac.

Most reactions