What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Professional Art Apps

Billcartoons

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
billabbott.weebly.com
Hello All,
I'm a cartoonist and would like to create professional level art on my ipad. I've purchased ArtStudio but have found that the dpi level is preset to 72. Are there any drawing apps that allow the user to manipulate the dpi or increase the image size up to 20" (one of my clients has that requirement). I love drawing with it, but I'm concerned I can't format the way my clients will need. Any insight would be helpful.

Cheers,
Bill

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have not used it myself, but Adobe Photoshop Touch supports images up to 12 MP. This should be more than enough to cover a 20" print at a reasonable DPI.

If I've got the Math right, this would translate to about 133 dpi for a 20x15 inch canvas (same display ratio as the iPad screen).

Of the drawing apps that I actually own ArtStudio provides the largest canvas at 2448x3264 (8 MP). The next largest is Art rage at 2048x2048 (6.2 MP)

All apps require the iPad 3rd gen or newer for the maximum stated canvas size.

I don't know of anyway to change the DPI setting on the iPad, but this only affects how something displays on a computer. It should not affect the printing, and if it does, there are numerous ways to change the dpi setting on a computer.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sketchbook Pro just got an update. It now supports 2500 x 2500 pixels. That's about 6.2 MP, only slightly larger than ArtRage.

Most reactions

Latest posts