What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Product Reviewer

jess2014

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love getting iPad accessories. All kinds, seriously. I probably have way too many, but I was wondering if anybody knew where I could look to becoming a product reviewer. In case you aren't sure what that means, it is the the people who are sent free stuff in exchange for a review of the product.

Thanks ahead of time for reading and responding!

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jess2014 said:
I love getting iPad accessories. All kinds, seriously. I probably have way too many, but I was wondering if anybody knew where I could look to becoming a product reviewer. In case you aren't sure what that means, it is the the people who are sent free stuff in exchange for a review of the product.

Many reviewers start off buying their own gear and writing about them, and building up a readership (whether on their own blog or on a review site) so that vendors will see it's worthwhile giving them free gear. So if you already have a ton of gear, that's a good place to start writing and building up a portfolio, so that you can either join an established review site, or go to vendors and ask them for stuff to review. (Of course, it also goes without saying that you should to be able to review in an interesting and meaningful way, since everyone and his pet goldfish can be their own self-published reviewer these days.)

OP
J

jess2014

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
Many reviewers start off buying their own gear and writing about them, and building up a readership (whether on their own blog or on a review site) so that vendors will see it's worthwhile giving them free gear. So if you already have a ton of gear, that's a good place to start writing and building up a portfolio, so that you can either join an established review site, or go to vendors and ask them for stuff to review. (Of course, it also goes without saying that you should to be able to review in an interesting and meaningful way, since everyone and his pet goldfish can be their own self-published reviewer these days.)

Thanks for that!! Very helpful! Do you know right off of any established review sites that I could check out?

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jess2014 said:
Thanks for that!! Very helpful! Do you know right off of any established review sites that I could check out?

My interest in product reviews tends to be product-driven rather than site-driven, i.e. when I'm researching Product X I will search and look at all the various reviews about that product from various sites and forums, rather than being a regular visitor to a particular review site. I actually like Amazon's product reviews, because you get a broad view of opinions and reviews from the insightful to the totally stupid.

avinhalls

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad is a line of tablet computers designed. The iPad has two interior mono speakers located on the underside right of the unit. Speakers push sound through two small preserved channels most important to the three audio ports carved into the device, while the iPad 2 has its speakers behind a single grill

Most reactions