Process running called absinthed.J2

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by ByronM, May 25, 2012.

1. ByronM

ByronM iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My first iPad 3 (replacing an iPad 1) had to be replaced, after the first day. I returned it to Apple store and received a 'new one'. The sim card had to be replaced as it was damaged or had been used and locked (so said Verizon).
    My question is this. Does anyone know about a process running called absinthed.J2?

This is a new iPad, which IS NOT jail broken, nor do I want a jail broken iPad. I am concerned that this was a returned iPad that someone jail broke and then this was given to me.

I have wiped and reset the iPad, but the process is still running. I can find nothing on the Internet regarding a process call this. There is of course a lot about absinthed, as a jail break, not a running process.

My iPad is running on the LTE Verizon network and I am using a VPN, as I am very security conscious. I would appreciate any help or thoughts

2. Sleaka J

Sleaka J iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I've actually got a absinthed.J1 process running on mine and I ordered it from Apple the day it was announced. There's no way mine could be a return, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Mine isn't jailbroken either.

3. Tuttle

Tuttle iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    I just saw a story in AppAdvice about a jailbreak called Absinthe. Don't know if this is related to the process you guys are talking about, but thought I would mention it.

4. nipper

nipper iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Would love to jailbreak both my ipad 3 and iphone , but alot of tv streaming apps detect the jailbreak and do not work anymore ( skygo in the uk does not work ) as i watch alot on skygo until i can watch it with a jailbreak then i have to stay un jailbroken which is a pain