What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Process running called absinthed.J2

ByronM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My first iPad 3 (replacing an iPad 1) had to be replaced, after the first day. I returned it to Apple store and received a 'new one'. The sim card had to be replaced as it was damaged or had been used and locked (so said Verizon).
My question is this. Does anyone know about a process running called absinthed.J2?

This is a new iPad, which IS NOT jail broken, nor do I want a jail broken iPad. I am concerned that this was a returned iPad that someone jail broke and then this was given to me.

I have wiped and reset the iPad, but the process is still running. I can find nothing on the Internet regarding a process call this. There is of course a lot about absinthed, as a jail break, not a running process.

My iPad is running on the LTE Verizon network and I am using a VPN, as I am very security conscious. I would appreciate any help or thoughts

Sleaka J

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've actually got a absinthed.J1 process running on mine and I ordered it from Apple the day it was announced. There's no way mine could be a return, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Mine isn't jailbroken either.

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just saw a story in AppAdvice about a jailbreak called Absinthe. Don't know if this is related to the process you guys are talking about, but thought I would mention it.

nipper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would love to jailbreak both my ipad 3 and iphone , but alot of tv streaming apps detect the jailbreak and do not work anymore ( skygo in the uk does not work ) as i watch alot on skygo until i can watch it with a jailbreak then i have to stay un jailbroken which is a pain

Most reactions