What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with wireless

hilfer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all:

My wife's ipad refuses to connect to our home network.

I can see on settings that wi-fi is on but I can't enter any web page.

At the same place another tablet has no problems accessing the web.

any ideas ??

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Have you an old router that's not got any wifi slots left? Some old routers were visible and able to join, but only allowed a certain number of users at once to participate.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi all:

My wife's ipad refuses to connect to our home network.
I can see on settings that wi-fi is on but I can't enter any web page.
At the same place another tablet has no problems accessing the web.

Hello - if the suggestions and Apple link do not help, then please provide further information: 1) iPad model/iOS installed on your wife's device; 2) Router brand & model; 3) ISP being used; 4) Is this a 'new' problem - if not, any iOS changes when the issue started; and 5) Does her iPad connect to other Wi-Fi networks, like at a Starbucks or other Wi-Fi hotspot?

If not already done, 'Reset' the iPad and also 'Power Recycle' your modem & router, i.e. pull the plug (or turn off if switches are present), wait a while, then sequentially re-power the modem first and the router next - good luck and let us know your results. Dave :)

Most reactions