1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Problems With Utube

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by sdbpastor, May 25, 2012.

1. sdbpastor

sdbpastor iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Recently I purchase a New iPad (iPad 3) and am loving it. I have a fast Internet connection and appears to work fine except for Utube. Have yet to play anything that doesn't stop and start continuously. Other types of videos, locally or online, work fine. I routinely take college classes via video, some online, some stored locally and not a hitch but forget about Utube, it's all but useless. Any ideas what's wrong.

Don't seem to be able to remove it and reinstall it.

Thanks,
    Rev. Michael L. Burns
    [Moderator edit: Removed link to personal e-mail. Please read our rules. Thanks.]
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2012
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,917 / 1
    Some YouTube videos take a while to load before you can start playing them.Try waiting a few minutes before clicking the play button.Not all YouTube videos do this,some play right away.
  3. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,917 / 1
    If you want another forum member to contact you privately,ask them to send you a PM,instead of posting your email address.Besides being against forum rules,do you really want everybody out there to know your email address?
  4. Patrizia_NC

Patrizia_NC iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    His email was probably in his signature line. I would get to worked up over it.

As far as YouTube it sounds to me like a weak connection. Sometimes the video does take a while to load. But if it's longer then normal your signal may not be able to support it.
  5. sdbpastor

sdbpastor iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yes, it was my standard signature line. I have since removed my Email address. I have checked my connection and it isn't slow. My iPod does Utube fine as does my notebook. I have waited for it to load and when I start Utube it plays a few seconds and then it stops. If I restart it it goes for maybe 5-10 seconds and stops again.Strange, but it doesn't take much to confuse me.

Michael
  6. Patrizia_NC

Patrizia_NC iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Your iPod is smaller so it is not going to need as much "juice" I have seen it lag on iPad for the reasons I mention. If you play it full screen on your note book I wonder of you have similar issues