problems with updating to version 3.2

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by VBubbles, Apr 11, 2011.

1. VBubbles

VBubbles iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi! Lately i've been wondering about how I can update my iPad to version 3.2, although I've been having some difficulties. I have been trying and trying to update my iPad it says it has downloaded and it has finished updating and it has a been saying your update has failed or something similar I have seen that other people have posted this on different sites but none where no help.

If anyone can help please post on this thread and my iPad is 3G and can't remember how much memory it has.
    Please post because I have really wanted to try multitasking.
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    OK - a couple of quick points - I'm sure you'll get lots more answers. I suspect it's a simple typo but the latest version of the iPad operating system is 4.3.1 - 3.2 is probably the version that you currently have that does not support multi-tasking.

Do you have the latest version of iTunes? You need at least Version 10.1 - earlier versions will not work.

Tim
  3. VBubbles

VBubbles iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have the latest version of iTunes although the time I bought the iPad it was version 3.1 or 3.2 and a while later I saw that the latest version had multitasking so I have tried updating it many times and on different computers and it always fails to update.
  4. tmno2

tmno2 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi I found that the only successful way to achieve an iTunes update was to go to the Apple support page, and download and save to disc the latest iTunes update, then run the update through START/RUN, which does the job.
    With the updating finished open iTunes and verify the version with "help/about"

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  5. VBubbles

VBubbles iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for the information I will try it now.