What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with sound on the lock screen

pcgalen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all I just bought a new iPad and I'm having some trouble with The sounds. Everything works fine as long as the iPad is not locked. On the lock screen no alerts work. I checked all the forums and follow all the instructions about the mute switch and the settings and it still does not work. Is there something else I could be missing? All help is much appreciated!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to be sure - have you checked under the Notifications tab in your Settings app? Each app that gets notifications will be listed there. They'll be in two sections, one for those apps putting notifications in the Notification Center, one for all others.

Tap on any one of the apps listed and a new tab will be opened. Look at the bottom the bottom of that new tab on the right. You will see a line titled "View In Lockscreen" with a button. Make sure that button is turned ON. Then, if you receive notifications, they will show on the lock screen.

Do note this turning on process has to be done for every app you want to see in the lock screen. But, once they are all on, they'll stay on.

And, right above the view line is another line for "Sounds." Make sure that is also on...

Hopefully, this will help. If not, holler back and we'll take another shot at it.

Marilyn

OP
P

pcgalen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Thanks for your reply. I had checked all of those settings and it did not help. I was on the phone twice with apple support and they were stumped. Their last suggestion was to fire up Itunes and backup/restore the Ipad. They assure me that this will fix the problem. We will see...

Most reactions

Latest posts