What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with Skype

susib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When using Skype I can hear the other person but not see them. I can see myself and the other person can hear and see me. I've tried it with a couple of people and it's the same each time. Can anyone help

Thanks

Sue

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you sure they have cameras on their end that are in working order?

OP
S

susib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. We tried again on a laptop and it was fine. I've since googled the problem and it seems a common one on the iPad. Seems that Skype need to deal with the compatibility issue

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the first time you Skype someone you don't get video. next time voila video works. if it really bugs you.After initial contact with no video just hang up and the second call you'll get video.That is what has happened to me calling numerous people in Canada and the Uk

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And then everytime you call that same number the video works.....unless they are indisposed and turn off their camera.

OP
S

susib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Diane. Will try that. Having looked at the Skype discussion forums, it does seem to be a recurring problem!

Most reactions