What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with 'new' Ipad

Jnvd3b

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone, and thanks in advance for your help. I just recently bought a used Ipad 1 32gb wifi only off of Amazon. I opened it up and it said it needed to be activated. I connected to my wireless network and it said it couldnt be activated at this time, so I connected it to Itunes to try and activate this way. It said I needed to have Itunes 10.5 and so I looked for the update and realized this 10.5 isnt even out yet! I sent the seller an email and he replied saying he was a developer and forgot he left ios 5 on this ipad. And sent me a file to install 10.5 beta 7. After installing itunes i tried connecting again, and it gave me the following error: "The software on the Ipad has expired and must be updated to a newer version."

Is there any way to restore this ipad to ios 4 so that i can get this thing working? Do i have to wait for ios 5 to be released to gen public? Will it even work then or is this ipad worthless now? What are my options?!?

skullyard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure you can restore it. Call apple I'm certain they will help you. Especially if you have the developers info. Sounds like a cool challenge to me. Don't get frustrated. Embrace it! Peace.

OP
J

Jnvd3b

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But I can't restore it! It gives me an error. I want to know if there is any way to get from iOS 5 back to iOS 4. Do you really think apple will walk me through that?

And I do not have the developer's info. He may be lying to me and not even be a developer I have no way to know...

skullyard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe apple can approve a restore. If not do like me... Start screeching and swearing to gawd you are going to tell everyone how bad apple is and then pretend to cry. I SWEAR it has ALWAYS worked for me. But I will research it and hit ya back on what I come up with. Just remain calm. I will help ya out.

Most reactions