Problems with 'new' Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Jnvd3b, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Jnvd3b

Jnvd3b iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello everyone, and thanks in advance for your help. I just recently bought a used Ipad 1 32gb wifi only off of Amazon. I opened it up and it said it needed to be activated. I connected to my wireless network and it said it couldnt be activated at this time, so I connected it to Itunes to try and activate this way. It said I needed to have Itunes 10.5 and so I looked for the update and realized this 10.5 isnt even out yet! I sent the seller an email and he replied saying he was a developer and forgot he left ios 5 on this ipad. And sent me a file to install 10.5 beta 7. After installing itunes i tried connecting again, and it gave me the following error: "The software on the Ipad has expired and must be updated to a newer version."

Is there any way to restore this ipad to ios 4 so that i can get this thing working? Do i have to wait for ios 5 to be released to gen public? Will it even work then or is this ipad worthless now? What are my options?!?
  2. skullyard

skullyard iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm sure you can restore it. Call apple I'm certain they will help you. Especially if you have the developers info. Sounds like a cool challenge to me. Don't get frustrated. Embrace it! Peace.
  3. Jnvd3b

Jnvd3b iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    But I can't restore it! It gives me an error. I want to know if there is any way to get from iOS 5 back to iOS 4. Do you really think apple will walk me through that?

And I do not have the developer's info. He may be lying to me and not even be a developer I have no way to know...
  4. skullyard

skullyard iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I believe apple can approve a restore. If not do like me... Start screeching and swearing to gawd you are going to tell everyone how bad apple is and then pretend to cry. I SWEAR it has ALWAYS worked for me. But I will research it and hit ya back on what I come up with. Just remain calm. I will help ya out.